1. Standard Menus
- New: create a new database (.api-file) for storing your data
- Open: open another existing database (.api-file)
- Restore Cloud Database:
- from Cloud: login to your cloud account and select the database to download and restore
- from a Local Drive: opens the local backup folder, select the file to be restored and click OK.
Backuped files are named according to the following format:
where YYMMDD represents the backup date.
- Close Form: close the section (application) and return to the start screen
- Close Database: close the database you are working with and return to the start screen
- Exit: leave the program
- Cut, Copy, Paste
- Select all
- Find: search for text-strings
- View Sections: open any of the seven sections (modules)
- Show Private Data: make private data visible (requires reentering your Password)
- Cloud Services
- Sync: starts a synchronization procedure with your cloud repository
- Backup database: makes a backup file of your database.
- Restore database: reverses the Backup procedure in case of irreversible damage to your local database.
- Database Utilities
- Compact: reduces the size of your file while defragmenting it and repairing any repairable defects
- Local backup of database: create a zipped copy of your database in the subfolder \bkp. One backup file per day can be saved (a previous file created the same day will be overwritten). The name of the database will change to [filename].mydb_[YYMMDD].cbz, e.g. mydata.mydb_160131.cbz (backup on Jan 31, 2016)
- Restore database from local drive: opens the local backup folder. Select the file (named as specified above) and choose the destination folder.
- Settings: personalization of the application.
2. Special Menus
Some sections/modules may have an additional menu.
- New Appointment: create a new timed event
- New All Day Event: create a new event spanning a whole day
- Goto Today
- Add: create a new contact record
- Edit: edit the selected record
- Archive: archives the selected contact (the contact will be displayed only after pressing the "Show archived contacts" button on the toolbar)
- Delete: choose to delete the selected record, the records of one category or all contacts
- Import: import contacts as CSV-files from Google Contacts or Outlook Contacts
- Export: export the contacts to a CSV-delimited textfile
- New Task: create a new item
- Edit Task: edit the selected task
- Delete: choose to delete the selected task, the tasks of a category or all tasks
- Add Credit: opens the Transaction Details window for a new Credit transaction
- Add Debit: opens the Transaction Details window for a new Debit transaction
- Edit: edit the selected transaction
- Delete: delete the selected transaction
- Add: create a new note
- Edit: edit the selected note
- Delete: choose to delete the selected note, the notes of one category or all notes