List and View Records
- In the left pane, the Contact List, the names are listed
- Above the Contact List, you can choose the category to display (Category dropdown box). Make changes to this list by pressing the button [...] next to the box.
- In the right pane, the Details Pane, you can view the details regarding the selected contact.
- To add a new contact, click on the button.
- To edit the selected contact, click on the button.
- To archive the selected contact, click on the button.
- To delete the selected contact, click on the button.
- To show the archived contacts: select <Archived> from the Category drop-down box).
The archived contacts will be listed (according to the category).
- Restore a contact from the archive: select the contact in the list (left pane) and click the UNARCHIVE/RESTORE button
You can highlight text in the Address Pane and use this text for different actions, depending on its content, like copying, sending an email address to the default email client, etc.
- Text Selection
- A left mouse-click will highlight text on a row, including spaces or special characters (e.g. an email address)
- Press the left mouse button and hold to extend the selection
- Right-clicking on the selected text opens a popup menu. Select one of the following actions (available depending on the highlighted text):
- Copy: copies the text to the clipboard
- Copy without spaces: copies the selected text to the clipboard without spaces (useful for credit card numbers etc.)
- Send Mail...: opens the default email client (only available if the selection is a valid email address)
- Open Website...: opens the website in the default internet browser (only active if the selection starts with http or www)
- Dial...: dials the selected number if a modem is connected (only available if the selection can be interpreted as phone number).
- You will be asked to confirm the selected number.
- Special characters, like "(", ")", "-" will be stripped automatically.
- The prefix "+" for international calls has to be replaced by the country specific prefix (e.g. 011 for the US, 00 for most European countries).
- Add any applicable prefixes (e.g. "0" to get the line).
- Click OK.